See for yourself why we say—
- Fair & equal—union ironworkers work under wage structures that emphasize equal pay and fair treatment for all workers—men, women and minorities.
- Earn & learn—union ironworker apprentices earn a respectable wage while gaining experience on the job and in the classroom.
- Wage increases—wages increase at regular intervals as an apprentice successfullly accrues experience and on-the-job-hours.
- Mentorship—experienced union ironworkers mentor apprentices on the job. Mentorship means apprentices can gain the benefit of the knowledge and know how from more experienced ironworkers when and where it counts in the field.
- Respect—union ironworkers share a spirit of professionalism, respect and pride that is unique.
- Health benefits & retirement—union ironworker apprentices enjoy these benefits while learning the trade. Some of our Local Union’s provide vacation plans as well.
- Experience pays off—graduating apprentices attain journeyman status and full pay for the skills they have earned.
- Lifetime opportunity—experienced, proven ironworkers can expect job and advancement opportunities in this lifetime career.
- Career potential—union ironworkers have built many high-profile projects and will build many, many more in years to come. For those who are prepared—ironworking is a wide-open career field.
- Pride, performance & safety—the Iron Workers Union prides itself on the industry-leading performance, productivity and safety of its members. It strives to help each individual member develop top skills, solid professionalism and offers comprehensive, industry-best safety training, and ongoing advanced courses and training oppportunities to its members.
Are you interested in an ironworking apprenticeship? Contact us:
If you want to learn more about becoming a union ironworker, the Iron Worker Apprentice Program or want to talk over your options in the industry, contact the Affiliated Local Union office nearest your city.